Unexpected health problems can ruin any trip. While traveling to a foreign country is usually exciting, getting sick while you are there can cause you a great deal of discomfort. Visitors to the developing world should be aware of health risks associated with their destination. Brentview Medical Urgent Care is your single-source provider of comprehensive, up-to-date travel health information. Your visit will assess your health history and individual needs based on your travel itinerary. Brentview Medical Urgent Care will help you to prevent travel-related illnesses. We will provide you with information to help keep you informed of risks associated with your travels, and provide you with vaccinations and immunizations to help keep you healthy during your travels. These services include:
- Destination specific travel information
- Malaria prophylaxis prescriptions (e.g Malarone) for patients travelling to affected destinations.
- Education on commonly encountered diseases and the most recent information on disease outbreaks.
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Recommendations on specialty-travel products
- Assess your health history and your individual needs according to your trip and destination
Depending on your travel destination, you will require different vaccinations. Brentview Medical Urgent Care has the following vaccines available:
- Hepatitis A vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Influenza (Flu) vaccine
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) vaccine
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine
- Pneumonia (Pneumovax) vaccine
- Tetanus vaccine
- Typhoid vaccine (Oral version)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine
For additional travel health information, please visit the CDC travelers’ health page that will give you country specific information.