It is always critical for individuals to undergo testing for sexually-transmitted diseases (STD) when sexually active, when suspicious symptoms arise, or in the event of possible contraction of an STD. There are a few ways of contracting of an STD:
- Skin to skin contact with an infected area or a sore.
- Engaging in oral or anal sex with an individual who has an STD.
- Having unprotected sex with an individual who has an STD.
- Having sex with multiple partners in the same period of time.
If you suspect that you may have contracted an STD, it is critical that you undergo testing. It is also important for sexually-active individuals to undergo testing at least once or twice a year.
Brentview Medical Clinic offers comprehensive sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing including HIV testing. The following STD’s can be tested for at our facility:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Herpes Simplex Virus I (Oral Herpes)
- Herpes Simplex Virus II (Genital Herpes)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- HIV/ AIDS
- Molluscum Contagiosum
Brentview Medical Urgent Care offers rapid HIV testing (Oraquick Advance Rapid Antibody Test) via a cheek swab that gives a result in 15 minutes. We also have a one minute HIV test via finger prick.
Blood & urine samples are needed for a comprehensive STD test. Depending on the test, your physician may have results back in under 24 hours.
The following STD vaccines are currently available at Brentview Medical Clinic:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- HPV Vaccine (Gardasil)
Contact us to learn more about STD testing, HIV testing, and other STD services.